Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Butterfly & Flowers


I found a sketch today that I thought I might try, since I've never made a card using a sketch before ... I kinda liked it! I found Truly Scrumptious Challenge blog and this is their sketch for this week, only I turned it on it's side. I am also entering this into the Charisma Cardz Challenge which is swirls & curls ... I stamped the swirls using Designer Flourishes which I sell on ebay (see link on my sidebar) to create the background paper, I used the same ink to stamp the butterfly which is from Papertrey Ink, then I found a pink paper that has swirls all over it so this fits well into that challenge also... I am also submitting this to the Design Team submissions for Die Cut Dreams ... all you have to do is make a pink card ... I've been meaning to do that one for awhile now as Kylie's absolute favorite color is pink and she keeps getting mad at me for making cards and never making her one, so this one I gave to her ... she'll have it drawn all over and colored in a few minutes tops ... trashed I tell ya, trashed!

10 comments:

LOUISE said...

Lovely card Charlie, love the Butterfly image, and the lovely flowers. Louise x

Beccy said...

Yep that's definetely pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yummy flowers and great layout - personally I love sketches saves me having to think to much lol.

Beccy x

Sharon said...

This is lovely Charlie. I love the butterfly image and the blooms are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Charlie, very pretty and delicate card. Love the image set off with such pretty papers and gorgeous flowers. Good luck with the DCD DT Call.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for linking my candy - good luck!
Helen x

brenda said...

Lovely card Charlie and some super work on your blog.

B x

Sally said...

Great card. Gorgeous butterfly. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Unknown said...

Lovely card, the butterly is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Mina said...

I love pink you can never have too much pink...beautiful card...thanks for joining in with the Truly scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is lovely and gd luck for the DT call!