Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Fairy Godmother!


I know this isn't a card or scrapbook layout or any kinda paper craft but I just had to show my months work of work ... In real life you can see the gold thread and the beads really well in this piece that I did of this fairy ... I like to think of her as my fairy godmother ... she just has that look ... I bought this pattern like 15 years ago and I think it was like $12.00, which I thought was extremely high ... but I had never seen anything like it before, with the beads on it, and I just had to have it ... then it got put away in a box, I came across it once in awhile but I just never felt like taking the time I knew it would take to make her ... then I got into one of my x-stitch moods and I decided to tackle her, needless to say after a couple of months of it, I had to force myself to finish ... I saved the beads till last because that is the part I couldn't wait to do and I knew that would help me finish ... and it did ... I am very happy with how she turned out ... this is the first time I ever x-stitched on linen also ... in the past there was always a clear hole to put the needle into, counting threads was not so easy especially with my eyes getting bad with age, I had to break out some major magnifying glasses to see! Here is a closer picture so you can see the beads at her neck and swirled around the bottom of her. If you click on the pictures to open them up you can see much more detail.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Charlene, she's gorgeous . . . what A LOT of work . . . but you can be proud of your finished product . . . she is truly one of a kind . . . whey will you put her . . . in a very special place I imagine . . . keep up the awesome work . . .

Beccy said...

Wow Charlie - you have done a great job of this. The beads look so effective. I love the wings on her, cant help thinking she would make a brilliant decoupage picture though. LOL
I have only ever tackled one x stitch and it took for ever and I had holes!

Take care hun

Beccy x

Unknown said...

So incredibly beautiful! What an amazing piece of art!

Mary Rudakas said...

Wow, wonderful job! Thanks for sharing! What a special keepsake. I bet you feel a big sense of accomplishment with this one! :)

Cheri said...

That is one lovely angel - you did a great job on her. I've done some cross stitch in my life as well, but it's either been on canvas with holes or printed with Xs for me to know where to go with my thread. I still consider myself young but I dont think I'd like to tackle the project of counting linen threads.